India’s President Ram Nath Kovind on Tuesday (9th of March) has appointed Former Supreme Court Judge Justice Pinaki Chandra Ghose as the India’s first Lokpal.
According to a communique released by
Rashtrapati Bhavan, the President of India has appointed the Chairman of the
Lokpal along with other key members of the anti-corruption watchdog.
The Lokpal will have 4 judicial and 4 non-judicial
Judicial Members List.
- Former Chief Justice Dilip B. Bhosale,
- Former Chief Justice Pradip Kumar Mohanty,
- Former Chief Justice Abhilasha Kumari, and
- Sitting Chief Justice of Chhattisgarh High Court Ajay Kumar Tripathi
Non-judicial members list.
- Former Maharashtra Chief Secretary Dinesh Kumar Jain,
- Former first woman Chief of Sashastra Seema Bal Archana Ramasundaram,
- Former IRS officer Mahender Singh, and
- Ex-IAS officer Indrajeet Prasad Gautam.
A Lokpal (Caretaker of People) is an
Anti-corruption authority or ombudsman who represents the public interest in
the Republic of India.
Whether it is breaking news or a view, your contribution can make a huge difference. Are there topics you want to get people talking about? ... Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org