If there is a majority of Conservative MPs on December 13th, I guarantee I will get our new deal through Parliament, says Boris Johnson.
The United Kingdom Prime Minster Boris Johnson on 25th November launched the Conservative Party manifesto for the December General Election with a central pledge to “Get Brexit Done” and make the UK “Corbyn-neutral by Christmas”.
“If there is a majority of Conservative MPs on December 13th, I guarantee I will get our new deal through parliament,” said Johnson in a statement.
“We will get Brexit done in January and unleash the potential of our whole country,” he said.
- Extra funding for the National Health Service (NHS), with 50,000 more nurses and 50 million more GP surgery appointments a year.
- Twenty-thousand more police and tougher sentencing for criminals.
- An Australian-style points-based system to control immigration.
- Millions more invested every week in science, schools, apprenticeships and Infrastructure while controlling debt.
- Reaching Net Zero by 2050 with investment in clean energy solutions and green infrastructure to reduce carbon emissions and pollution.
- Government will not raise the rate of income tax, VAT or National Insurance.
Unlike any other party standing in this election they are going to get Brexit done, said Johnson.
Whether it is breaking news or a view, your contribution can make a huge difference. Are there topics you want to get people talking about? ... Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org